Welcome to my crazy and convoluted life and mind!

Sometimes I make sense. Sometimes I don't. But at least I find myself very entertaining!

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Homemade Microwave Popcorn

I had a sweet tooth and was craving something sweet and savory.  I wanted popcorn balls, but all I have is microwave popcorn.  This is my relationship with microwave popcorn; I love it! The buttery the better.  One time I bought some light microwave popcorn and ended up melting butter and pouring it over the popcorn anyway.  Here is the thing with microwave popcorn...it is really bad for you!  The lining in the bag and the chemicals that make it taste so good....BAD< BAD<BAD!  And even though microwave popcorn is not that expensive, it is way more expensive than it needs to be.  Then I had an epiphany.  What if I made microwave popcorn with the big jug of kernels I have in my pantry?  So I tried it.  I put 9 tablespoons of popcorn in a paper bag, rolled it up and microwaved it for around 3 minutes.  It worked!  Holy shit!  Usually my little experiments don't work, but this one did.  Now I can melt all the butter I want to pour on it guilt free....well kind of guilt free. I am trying to trim down a little bit before I am expected to bare my glow in the dark white body in a bikini on the beaches of Puerto Rico.  I also have an amazing recipe for Kettle Corn, but that would require actually getting a pan out, so I will post that later.
Countdown to my $100 a week Grocery challenge.  It begins the first of April.  This Friday.   Scary!
Wish me luck!
xoxoxo
LB

No comments:

Post a Comment